When you’re looking to increase your blog income, adding a shop and selling products is a great way to do it. But what should you sell? There are many potential products to choose from, but not every option is going to be the right one for your blog. In this article, we’ll help you figure out what to sell and give you tips for choosing the right products for your blog shop. Let’s get started!
Blog Shop Products
Before you can start creating your products and your shop, you need to think about the types of products that will help your audience and boost your income. Then you need to decide if you want to sell digital or tangible products or a combination of both.
A digital product is downloadable. Digital products are often called “printables,” but that’s not always the case. Restored 316 Themes, Funnel Bundles, etc., are digital products; after a customer purchases they receive a file to download and nothing they can physically hold in their hands.
A tangible product is an item you can hold in your hand and send through the mail.
Popular Examples of Blog Shop Products
- Checklists (e.g., wedding organization, party planner)
- Planners (e.g., meal planners, financial planners)
- Trackers (e.g., goal tracker for weight loss)
- Journals (e.g., give the reader prompts for something new to write about each day)
- Recipe Collection (share the most popular recipes on your site)
- Calendars & Trello Boards (Check out the Restored 316 Shop under Business Organization)
- SVG Files (for crafters that like to use the Cricut machines)
When it comes to creating products, think about what can help your readers. What would naturally make sense for you to promote in your most popular blog posts?
For example, if you’re a mom blogger, you could create a printable planner with weekly meal ideas and grocery lists. Then you could use the Restored 316 Conversion Callouts in your blog posts to draw attention to your blog shop.
Or, if you’re a fitness blogger, you could create a workout tracker that helps people stay on track.
The possibilities are almost endless!
Tips To Make A Decision
Whether you are a first-time entrepreneur or have been running your blog for years, there will be moments where choosing what to sell from your blog can be difficult.
Consider what you’re good at and enjoy doing now. Consider your blog niche and avatar.
It would be best to consider your personal life and family situation. For example, how much time do you have for customer service to support your shop?
Are you able to ship orders from the post office consistently? If not, you could still sell tangible products, but you need to research fulfillment companies. And that would eat into your profit margin.
Here are some brainstorming questions to help guide you:
- Are you good at design?
- Are you passionate about a particular topic(s)?
- Do you have a specific interest in a topic that you want to share with others?
- How much time do you have for product creation?
- Are you knowledgeable about a particular topic(s)?
- Are you good at spelling, grammar, and proofreading?
Start Planning Your Blog Shop
It can be tough to know where to start when it comes to creating products to sell from your blog.
You want to offer your readers something valuable. Still, you also need to make sure that it’s something that you can create and sell quickly—many bloggers are filled with potential, but they delay in launching a shop because they fall into analysis paralysis.
Take a look at what you’re already good at creating. What are some of the most popular posts on your blog? Can you expand on those ideas and create products around them? If you’re stuck, think about what needs and problems your readers have that you could help solve with a product.
And don’t forget to join the Restored 316 Community. In our private Facebook group, you’ll have a safe place to:
- Share your questions and get feedback from others in the group
- Save time on trying to find the right answers
- Connect and make friends with other women who share your blogging/online business interests