I have a little tradition where on my birthday I give away coffee to our followers! I love, love getting the opportunity to give back to our community at a time where I’m typically getting gifts for my own birthday.
The last two years that I’ve done this, I get lots of people emailing asking how on earth I was able to offer this. So I wanted to write a post to show you exactly how I do this every year!
Step 1: Get a Starbucks Gift Card
Firstly, you’ll want to go to your nearest Starbucks location and buy a gift card for the amount you want to give away. You want to be sure you’re using a brand new card and not one you use to reload. This way this card is only used for your giveaway and you aren’t giving away your own personal cards bar code.
Step 2: Upload your card to the Starbucks App
- Open the Starbucks App
- Select Pay
- Select the down arrow next to your available total
- Select Add Starbucks Card from the bottom of the list
- Enter in your 16 digit Starbucks card # found on the back of your card
- Enter in your 8 digit code found on the back of your card under the scratch off
- Your card will then load and you’ll select the Done button at the bottom
- Now, click the Pay button on the new card you loaded
- You’ll get a screen that has a bardcode at the bottom of it. You’ll take a screenshot of this screen from your phone. On an iPhone you can screenshot this by clicking the Power Button + your Home Button at once.
- Once you’ve screenshotted this graphic, you’ll take this graphic and edit from there. One of the easiest ways to edit this is to use an app like Photoshop or Canva directly from your phone. You’ll just crop it into a square, add your own text, and make it your own!
Step 3: Share your gift card with others
After getting the graphic ready to go, you’ll share it on your social media channels or your newsletter list!
Did you find this tutorial helpful? Share it with others!