When starting a new website or blog there are so many resources you need to know about to help you have a successful site as well as simply getting started with your new venture! Here are some of my favorite links that I hope will help you find your way, or at least inspire you!
WordPress Blog Hosting:
- Bluehost– A really great option for hosting if you’re just starting out! The majority of all my clients use these guys! They also offer a FREE domain name as you’re signing up, which is great if you’re just starting out! Click here for instructions.
- WPEngine- This is a dedicated WordPress hosting company and who I host my own sites with!
- Flywheel– This is a dedicated WordPress hosting company and they are fabulous! Great customer support and they offer FREE migrations if you’re moving from another host!
- WooCommerce– If you already have a WordPress site and just want to add the ecommerce functionality to it, WooCommerce is the way to go! My site uses WooCommerce for theme purchases and works wonderful!
- Moo– An amazing print company best known for their Mini and Luxe Cards. I’ve used them myself over and over again and have yet to be disappointed!
Get your site legal
- Small Business Bodyguard– Make sure your site is all legal with this fabulous resource. I recommend this to everyone just getting started!
Stock Photography and Color Inspiration
- iStockphoto.com– iStock has tons of royalty free photographs and vector artwork that you can use on your site! A great resources used by all designers!
- Creative Market– has a fabulous selection of stock photography and lots of other great finds!
- ColourLovers– Be prepared to get lost in this site as it has thousands (millions?) of color schemes to choose from! Along with allowing you to create your own!
- Design-Seeds– One of my favorite color scheme sites! I am best inspired by images, so this site pulls color schemes from some amazing photographs!
- Mailchimp– A great free (for up to 2000 subscribers) newsletter service! I use them personally for all my newsletters and they’re great!
- Picmonkey– a great online photo editing tool for resizing images.
- Canva– Make photo collages or blog headers! Extremely flexible creative opportunities here!
Great Business Resources
- Building a Framework– a great ebook outlining how Abby took her hobby blog to 6 figures in two years!
Disclaimer: Some of the links on this page are affiliate links, which means if you sign up for their services or purchase their product, I will get a ‘commission’ for the sale. With that said, I only list items here that I’ve personally used and love and feel that you should know about!!