If you’re loving your theme, you could actually be making some extra cash from your site and most people don’t even know it! One of the most common things that people do when they land on your site and love it, is they scroll all the way to the bottom to see your credits and see who designed your site. This is how so many graphic designers get repeat business. That’s exactly how I’ve built this business over the years. You might be surprised to know that I never did any advertising until this last year and all my business came from referrals or people seeing the link at the bottom of one of my client’s sites.
Since that is a pretty popular area of your site, it’s also one of the easiest ways to earn a little bit of income for yourself. Today, I’m going to show you how to customize your footer credits to include your Restored 316 Affiliate link so you can start earning yourself a little bit of extra revenue!
If you aren’t already, you’ll want to sign up for our affiliate program! By signing up with our affiliate program, you can add images and banners throughout your site that showcase our themes and share with your readers how much you support our site! Plus, using our affiliate link throughout your site, offers you a chance to earn income when someone clicks from your site to ours and purchases a theme.
Let’s first get your unique affiliate link
- Login to your Shareasale account
- Go to LINKS>GET A LINK/BANNER
- You’ll see Restored 316 LLC listed in your list of affiliates. Hit the Get Links button
- You’ll land on all the Text links available through our affiliate program. You’ll find the one that says Restored 316 or if you’d like the one that says your theme name and hit the Get Html Code button.
- You’ll now copy the HTML code provided and move to the next step.
Let’s edit the footer credits
Next, you’re going to start making your changes to your footer credits and we are going to use a plugin to do this.
- Go to PLUGINS>ADD NEW
- Search for Genesis Custom Footer in the top right of your screen. It should be the first option that pops up.
- Hit the Install button and let the installation complete
- Then hit activate
- Go to GENESIS>THEME SETTINGS and you’ll see a box now for ‘Genesis Custom Footer’. You can use the example below to link it accordingly.
Here is the code to copy and paste into the Genesis Custom Footer space:
Want more awesome tips
get our free resource guide here
Find this article helpful? Share it with others: